Introduction of Complete Thyroid Package
Table of Contents
Complete Thyroid Package is a group of clinical laboratory tests. It uses to say the effects of thyroid disorder (hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism) on our body and their monitoring. Normal thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH) controls the basal metabolic rate of the body. TSH also plays a significant that is useful in both sexual and brain functions. Hypothyroidism is a condition (increased TSH) that may be the cause of obesity. Hyperthyroidism (decreased TSH) may explain the weight loss. The package includes the determination of thyroid hormones (TSH, FT3, FT4) in blood. The testing of asymptomatic thyroid-specific antibodies (Anti TPO Ab), and their related assays as mentioned in the package content.
Package Contents in Complete Thyroid Package
The conducting tests in a complete thyroid package are as follows-
- Blood Sugar Fasting: It is a simple, common blood test to find out prediabetes, diabetes, or gestational diabetes. Prior to testing, 8 to 12 hours of fasting is mandatory except for drinking water.
- Lipid Profile: It contains serum total cholesterol, serum HDL cholesterol, Serum triglycerides, and LDL. This panel of tests assists predicts the risk for heart disease and stroke.
- Complete Blood Cell Count (CBC): A count of the total number of red blood cells (RBCs), white blood cells(WBCs), and platelets present in the blood and their related parameters too.
- Blood calcium test: It is used to check the level of calcium in the blood which is clinically significant in clinical conditions like bones, kidneys, digestive system, thyroid, and parathyroid glands.
- Thyroid Function Test (TFT): It includes T3, T4, and thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) which is a pituitary hormone that stimulates the thyroid gland to produce thyroxine, and then triiodothyronine which stimulates the metabolism of almost all tissues in the body. This is the reason, TSH is the common hormone test requested by the doctor to check your body’s metabolic activities. If the level of TSH is higher than normal, the condition is called hypothyroidism while a level less than normal, is called hyperthyroidism.
- Anti-TPO (Antibody against Thyroid peroxidase): It is an enzyme protein in nature that plays an important role in the synthesis of thyroid hormones, thus the antibody produced against it influences the translation of hormones into each other. Guiding of enzyme levels warrants in all conditions where the TSH value is over the reference range, therefore there is a susception of hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism. On a controlling level, its recommendation is that the person has symptoms that may indicate thyroid dysfunction. Some conditions are menstrual disorders, hair loss, digestive disorders (constipation, diarrhea), pregnancy difficulties/miscarriage, fast pulse, decreased cold or hot tolerance, tremor, depression, and nervousness.
- Electrocardiogram (ECG): It normally uses other assays to help diagnose and monitor conditions affecting the heart.
- Iodine and selenium levels estimation is also useful in thyroid disorders.
- Tests may be added to the above list according to the age of the client and gender
- Preventive Health Packages are of the following types-
- Basic Health Checkup Package
- General Health Checkup Package
- Executive Health Checkup Package
- Well Women Checkup Package
- Senior Health Checkup Male/Female Package