Introduction of Well Women Check-up Package
Table of Contents
‘Well Women Check-up Package‘ is commonly advised the women who are aged 30 plus. This package is a combination of clinician/doctor and diagnostic tests to find out the health status of an individual. A family physician consultation will help to examine in following points-
- Complete Clinical Examination
- Eye Examination
- ENT Examination
- Dental Check-up
- Gynae Examination
Investigations in Well Women Check-up Package
- Total Leukocyte Count/TLC
- Differential Leukocyte Count (DLC)
- Erythrocyte Sedimentation Rate (ESR)
- Blood Grouping and Rh typing
- Random Blood Sugar(RBS)/Fasting Blood Sugar(FBS): Blood Sugar Fasting is a simple, common blood test to find out about prediabetes, diabetes, or gestational diabetes. Prior to testing, 8 to 12 hours of fasting is mandatory except for drinking water.
- Uric Acid
- Renal Function Test(RFT)/Kidney Function Test (KFT):
- Blood Urea
- Blood Creatinine
- Blood Sodium
- Blood Potassium
- Blood Calcium
- Cardiac Function Test:
- Lipid Profile (Total Cholesterol/Triglyceride/High-Density Lipoprotein (HDL)/LDH): This panel of tests assists predicts the risk for heart disease and stroke.
- Total Bilirubin
- Direct Bilirubin
- Serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase (SGPT)/ ALT(Alanine transaminase)
- Serum glutamic-oxaloacetic transaminase(SGOT)/AST(Aspartate transaminase or aspartate aminotransferase)
- Thyroid Function Test (TFT): It includes T3, T4, and thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) which is a pituitary hormone that stimulates the thyroid gland to produce thyroxine, and then triiodothyronine which stimulates the metabolism of almost all tissues in the body. This is the reason, TSH is the common hormone test requested by the doctor to check your body’s metabolic activities. If the level of TSH is higher than normal, the condition is called hypothyroidism while a level less than normal, is called hyperthyroidism.
Histopathology and cytology
- Pap smear
- Urine Routine Examination
- Stool Routine Examination
- Stool occult blood test
Radio Imaging Investigations
- Chest X-ray
- Breast Ultrasound
- USG abdomen & Pelvis
- ECG: It normally uses other assays to help diagnose and monitor conditions affecting the heart.
- This short piece of information is very useful for women during their health check-ups.
- It will also be helpful for physicians/clinicians/doctors to mention the tests during patient check-ups.
- Other health packages are Basic Health Profile, General Health Profile, Diabetic Profile, Executive Health Profile, and Comprehensive Profile.