Table of Contents
HSG stands for hysterosalpingography and it is an X-ray test to lay out the internal shape of the uterus and show whether the fallopian tubes are blocked.
Uses of HSG Test
- To find out the shape of the uterus.
- To screen the blockage in fallopian tubes
Procedure of HSG
A tiny tube is threaded through the vaginal and cervical canals, and contrast material is injected into the uterus during the HSG. Fluoroscopy uses a succession of X-rays to track the dye, which appears white on the X-ray, as it passes through the uterus and into the tubes. The form of the uterus will be indicated if there is an anomaly. The dye progressively fills the tube if it is open. The dye leaks into the pelvic cavity, where it is reabsorbed by the body.
HSG Test Centres in Kathmandu, Address, Contact Number, and Website Links
|S. No||Name of HSG Test Centres||Address||Sector (Government/|
|Contact No.||Website Links|
|1.||Prasuti Griha (Paropakar Maternity and Women’s Hospital)||Thapathali||Governmentemail@example.com|
|2.||Om Hospital & Research Center||Chabahil||Private||01-4476225||https://omhospitalnepal.com|
Patan Academy of Health Sciences (PAHS)
- HSG test is requested for female infertility.
- Blocked fallopian tubes or an abnormal uterine cavity may be one of the reasons for infertility.
- HSG examination usually takes about 30 minutes.
- It is also beneficial to investigate repeated miscarriages resulting from congenital or acquired uterine problems like-
- Uterine fibroids
- Endometrial/uterine polyps
- Congenital problems/uterine anomalies
- Do not ignore bringing a pad since a small amount of spotting is normal after an HSG test, and there is also a chance of leakage of the contrast dye. Thus it’s wearing it for the rest of the day will help protect clothing.
- If any center is lacking in the provided list, kindly mention it in a comment box and no doubt, we will definitely add it to the list.